PRESIDENT'S COUNCIL MINUTES
Present: Tom Anderson, Wally Bonaparte, Phil Costello, Chris Davies, Jim Fisher, Joe Good, Ray Greenberg, Chip Hood, Sarah King, Lisa Montgomery, John Raymond, John Sanders, Sabra Slaughter
Guests: Bart Yancey, Susan Barnhart, Steve Hargett, Steve Lanier, Steve Valerio, Patrick Wamsley
ITEM I. WINS
- Sarah King reported 2.5M hits on The Catalyst
- College of Nursing received a perfect accreditation score from their accreditation body
- Drug Discovery and Bioengineering buildings are on time and under budget
ITEM II. Updates
- 59 days operating cash (up to 8 days) ·
- Life Science Act represents a large component of the building income on the University side ($10M + in revenue)
- Operating revenue up 2.3%
- 15.4 days operating cash
- Charges up – net revenues up 10.7%
- Expenses up less than 2%
ITEM III. Presentation of Financial Funds Flow Committee
- Jack Sanders presented the current work-to-date of the Funds Flow Committee
ITEM IV. Global Health Center Designation
- University Center designation for this program defers final institutional approval until strategic planning process is finalized. Recommended conditional approval. Will be sent back to Dean’s Council for reconsideration. Will hold until they are comfortable with the proposed center moving forward.
- Need to address concerns that larger mission will mesh with strategic planning vision
ITEM V. Simulation Center
- John Schaefer requests institutional recognition at this time. Dr. Greenberg thanks Dr. Costello and UMA for investing in this program. Approved.
ITEM VI. Updates
- 12-bed ICU online now (in same space)
- Recruited Dr. Joe Helpern from NYU to Radiology Department. He will transfer in significant NIH grants.
- CoEE will be coming to MUSC to review two MUSC based proposals on Longevity and Fibrosis
- Town Hall meeting on contracts for faculty tomorrow. Agreement has been reached.
- UMA sponsored CARES Clinic fundraiser that was successful
- $52M in value losses in CoEE endowments for three year period